Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Thank You

Thank you - two of the most powerful words in the English language. When someone says “Thank you “ it means that they are very appreciative of what you did for them. When the other person does not recognize what you do for them on a continual basis, the help becomes tedious and very boring and uneventful. When someone says “thank you: and buys you some gas the chore becomes a pleasure. I went out of my way to help you and I’ll keep on doing things for you.

Think about it - “You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.” The other day I was at Wal-Mart buying groceries and flowers, and I just happened to see my supervisor buying me cleaning supplies for the SHAC where I mop floors clean bathrooms, and empty the trash. I was checking out, and I happened to give the checker and the new checker a flower each. My Supervisor saw this and came over and said to me “you have too many friends.” I went and said to the checkers, “Giving you the flowers is what makes me different,” and they both smiled and said “Thank you”. I went to the SHAC the next day and when Shannon came in this was the main topic of conversation between the three of us.






Who is talking

The other day I was sitting in my captain’s chair watching the sun rise and looking at my flowers, and I noticed that I had a couple of white flowers, some pink flowers, some red flowers, some burgundy flowers, some purple flowers and one yellow flower with red trim. My first thought was “Is this a message from God?” Here I have the complete spectrum of colors from white to purple and me being the yellow flower with these other colors,

I was listening to the radio and “Highway to the Danger Zone “ came on. I was looking at my new painting of the red Chile pepper wearing black ski boots, gloves and cowboy hat racing down the ski jump with the sky blue back round. In my mind there was a picture of these F-15s taking off an aircraft carrier. The two jets fly by each other and that song keeps playing in my head “Highway to the Danger Zone.” My favorite song is “Highway to the Danger Zone.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home