Monday, September 17, 2007

Respect
This is a story that I'm trying to put into a stage performance.
Center stage is me and center back stage is Chris, the director with a sign, Dr. Chris, director. A and B actors are stage left talking and talking and talking. I go over to them and ask if they could please be quite. Actor A turns to me and unloads both barrels, "Who do you think you are? Telling me to be quite. I am handicapped and here is my card and he shows me a yellow card with H and says If you are the only one that it bothers that's alright you don't count. I am backing up with both my hands in front of me.
The light focuses on me, Chris a C & D actors. C & D actors are talking and talking and talking and I go over and ask them to please be a little quiter. C actor unloads "Who do you think you are? If you are the only one we bother you don't count here is my handicap card, show me.
I call my psychiatrist and ask for her help. The next day I'm telling my psychiatrist about these events and say I have cancer, I have brain damage, and I'm the last one in line with my family and the phone rings & rings. then the emergency ring "Dr. Chris I'm waiting out front. My response was "I'm about to blow a fuse. "
I got home and called Dr. Chris and said "I think it is very rude to interrupt my session. She said "Don't you think it is ironic That handicap want to be treated with respect but don't want to treat others with respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home