Friday, January 05, 2007

Different

I am different. Someone that has gone from being severally brain damaged to graduating from the University of Texas, working for the University of Texas for 17 years and retired because of brain injury complications. Now I am doing my writing & painting art. I am someone that gives flowers and helps as much as I can.
I’ve performed in Washington D.C. Dallas, San Marcos and many times in Austin, Texas. I’ve sold paintings all over the U.S. I’m doing one now called “Bad to the Bone”, which is a performance skit with Actual Lives. I dance to the music “Bad to the Bone” and in my morning conversation with the other me inside me. I ask, “Would you get in front of 150 people and dance to bad to the bone? The other me says “I did.” Remember footprints in the sand. Why do you think you got such a positive response from everybody?
I’ve have been written in a text book for speech pathology at the University of Texas, I am a guest speaker at the University of Texas for graduate and a freshman class at the University of Texas in Speech Pathology. It seems like people listen to what I’m saying and that’s as far as it goes.
I’ve had my car painted by a herd of little children at the art car parade. I give flowers to my friends and to myself.
Why do I sit on my pity potty? Do I want things to happen to fast? Am I complaining because I’m alone? Am I really a superhero?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home