Thursday, November 30, 2006

Retirement


I am now 55 years old and I’ve lost my job as mild mannered mop boy. I’ve lost my $175.00 a month allowance. I’ve lost my extensive exercise 3 times a week. I’ve lost the route of going to work and now I’m suppose to retire. No way. I’ll write stories. I’ll paint pictures. I’ll perform on stage. The biggest trill I get is achieving new goals. My latest goal is being in a University of Texas text book by Dr. Marquart in Speech Pathology. Remember Footprints in the sand? I think about painting Kodak moments, I think about writing stories. Where do I go from here?

The Wal-Mart shopping is like reliving Top Gun with Tom Cruse with the shopping carts.

One of my latest achievements is a friend and good painter took my suggestion about a painting and now he is doing a painting of a astronaut on the moon in a wheelchair with the moon scope and the Eagle in the background. It looks real good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home